Asgardian Development Society Outline
Salutations Fellow Asgardians. I am looking to network with people who wish to work on making Asgardia a better place, developing the concept of Asgardia and helping to improve public perceptions of Asgardians.
If you’re interested in working with me, please first read these important points:
- This is a citizen-lead action, it is not an external or unofficial community it is simply an organised group of citizens working within Asgardian.space on common goals.
- ADS is not an official Asgardian project – It’s just normal citizens that want to get to work.
- The goal of the project is to start organizing citizens and to create actions and results.
- The ADS will exist solely through the asgardia.space community network.
What is the Asgardian Development Society?
A Society is defined as “an organization or club formed for a particular purpose or activity”. In this case, the activity we’re concerned with is developing Asgardia.
The Asgardian Development Society believes that there are a lot of people out there who are willing to give their time to the project, but they just lack direction. The society also believes that there is a lot of work that can be done by citizens that won’t impede the ‘official’ body’s work.
Some examples of activities that we’re interested in working on:
- Improving the public perception of Asgardians.
- Drawing attention to important petitions to help spread the word and boost the signatures.
- Helping Asgardians keep updated on recent news.
- Fostering healthy communications between citizens.
- Encouraging the networking and collaboration of devoted citizens.
- Creating content (Such as youtube videos)
- Generally building stronger community bonds.
Who are you?
My name is Ross Cheeseright, I’m 33 years old, I’m a devoted Asgardian and I’m running for the position of Strategist. My goal with this project is to provide some basic leadership to help focus the energies of those people that are willing to start tackling the problems that Asgardia faces. I will provide organization, tasks and structure to our work and discussions to make sure we keep moving forward.
How can I join?
Joining the society is easy – just check out my profile on asgardia.space and send me a friend request. Then drop me a message on the website telling me that you’d like to help and I will make sure that you’ll be informed of our citizen actions, discussions and jobs.
However, I would like to stress that this is for citizens of Asgardia. It is intended for people that have accepted the constitution and want to get to work. We will not be supporting any actions that challenge the established decrees or votes unless it is expressly done through the systems provided, such as the petition system.
Does the ADS have any special rules?
The ADS follows the rules set out by the Moderators and Administrators, however – all members of the project will strongly be encouraged to speak to one another respectfully. People will be expected to act as true Asgardians and to put thought into their communications. Let us start as we mean to go on and act as we believe an Asgardian should act. It will be very important to set a good example.
Those that are unduly disruptive to the process will be excluded from future communications, plans and efforts.
What’s the next step?
Once word of the ADS has had time to spread throughout the community, I will begin to organize people using the Forums and polls on the Facebook page. Our first step will be to pinpoint a tangible list of issues that we can act upon. We will start addressing these basic issues to see how well the ADS can function in practice.